Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Frugal gift giving ideas . . .

 

For the frugal of heart and/or frugal
of purse, this is the post for you.
One member of my ladies group offered
the following idea. She suggested
giving handmade, laminated cards
with gifts of time such as dog walking,
babysitting, car washing etc on
them. I like it.

Another person I know likes recycling.
She wanted used items for house warming
gifts. The above ceramic coffee
percolators are a great example, of an
item that will come in very handy in the
future. Oftentimes, the quality
of an older item is better
than what you can buy new/imported.
I got one from a friend who was cleaning
out his garage for free, I bought
the orange one off ebay.

Here are a few of my wicked cheap
gift giving ideas:

1. Pictures of the kids. You can get
a dozen cards at a dollar store, and
put in a picture that you took and made
copies of at the big box. It's an
instant "made myself" gift that
always appeals to grandparents.

2. Food gifts. You can't go wrong with
serving up your specialty baked
goodies wrapped in foil with a bow
on top. Dad is legendary for his
rumcakes. He left one unattended one
time and his dog got hammered. You
haven't lived until you see a geriatric
golden retriever stare at three(one)
water bowl(s).

With my home grown organic eggs I can
make anything taste like manna. I love
to bake and gift chocolate chip cookies,
pumpkin bread, apple bread and chewy
scrumptious brownies.

3. Books. We have an awesome used
book store near us. I can pick up
hardcover, new looking books by
well known authors for a buck or
less.

4. Clearance. I am the clearance
queen. I shop markdowns only and
pay less than half price for things
like towels and dishes.

Happy hunting.

Michelle
Posted by Picasa

No comments: