Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The best applebread in the universe . . .

This recipe wowed the folks at the recent bakesale/fundraiser.
People had my name and were looking for the recipe which I actually
found on line. I get rave reviews when I use free range eggs
straight from the farmlette. I plan on baking several batches
for food gifts.

Apple Bread

1 cup oil
3 eggs (organic = wicked good)
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups apples, peeled and diced
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Mix all the dry ingredients, chuck in the other ingredients.
Stir really good.
Pour lumpy bater in 2 loaf pans. (I coat mine with a little butter.)
Sprinkle the tops with about 1 teaspoon sugar and cinnamon.

Bake at 325F (preheat) for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Makes 2 loaves.
You'll wish you'd made 4.

Michelle

No comments: